|Banana Nut muffins|
The recipe makes 2 loaves of banana bread or 24 muffins. I made 24 mini muffins and 12 muffins. Here it goes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes for muffins; 1 hour for loaves.
Cool time: 30 minutes
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 pack (8oz.) cream cheese, low fat, room temperature
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (The original recipe called for 3 cups all purpose flour)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup walnuts, cashews etc. (The original recipe called for pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare the loaf pans or muffin tins. I used paper liners for both the muffins and mini muffins.
- In a large bowl, blend softened butter and cream cheese until well mixed. Add sugar and beat with an electric beater till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and whip till incorporated.
- Add the flour and blend till completely incorporated. It will be a thick batter.
- Now add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract.
- Fold in mashed banana and 2/3 cup nuts. Pour into muffin tins or loaf pans.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on the batter.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes or until done. The loaf takes about 1 hour. Cool completely on wire racks.
Hetal from Houston