January 2, 2014

Creamy Avocado Smoothie

   Let us start healthy and simple this New Years :)
I got introduced to avocadoes only after I moved here and now know its Indian name is Makhanphal a.k.a butter-fruit. Hetal and I both love this fruit and eat avocados in any form...literally ! It is very  nutritious so indulging in avocados is totally allowed.


    An over ripened avocado in my fridge a few weeks back made me  try making smoothie  out of it. Such is the fate of any ripened fruit in our kitchen; either it goes into a cake batter or used for making smoothie ...nothing healthy is at least tried to be not wasted ! It was a very simple recipe which was equally filling and  healthy. I am very biased towards avocado...so make it and taste it for yourself  :)



Serves : 1-2 persons

Ingredients :
  • 1 avocado - ripe, halved and pitted 
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yoghurt ( I added plain yoghurt and a drop of vanilla extract )
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • Ice cubes if you want it chilled
Method :

Blend everything and your smoothie is ready to be served ! I used basil leaves from my garden for the fancy look but you can get more creative with anything from your garden or fridge.


HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone !! Have a yummy and healthy year ahead :)

Ajanta from Walnut Creek


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy and healthy! Waiting for summer to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete